Saturday, February 13, 2010

Humbling before God and learning from HIM..

These are some of my old writings that lift me up at times when I read, and I want to encourage readers as well. This was written on October 15th, 2005---

The Bible says, "Humble Yourselves under the mighty hand of God that in due time, he may lift us up." (higher and higher and he will lift us up) You and I have sung this chorus many times but recently I understood that in today's fast-paced world where success counts and being aggressive and being numero uno/#1 is the deal, the self that is so glorified comes in between us and God, as that self is so much against God! Even pride dresses up as false humility. 

While with God, humility is what counts. The Bible says God inhabits eternity, (can you imagine that? eternity?) and yet, (watch this) He lives in the hearts of those who are humble!

I also learned that it says to humble Yourself. God expects us to humble ourselves before He brings circumstances to humble us.

The qualification to come to Jesus is "all who are weary and with heavy burden...come to me and I will give you rest..." Isn't this qualification different? I mean the world looks at your resume, your success, your ability what you can boast about 'you'!! while Jesus says, come as you are, with your inadequacy...with your heavy yoke..' As I heard someone preach, "Ground is always leveled at the foot of the cross!"

It has been a long since I played my guitar. This week, after many years, I picked up my guitar, and in the quietness of hours, I played this chorus. I have sung it many times but singing it alone, not to anyone but to GOD, tears rolled down my cheeks as I sang with the meaning, humbling myself before God....that led me to sing this lovely hymn, I know it will bring tears to your eyes as you sing alone before God! Please take a few moments to sing and ponder upon the words written by Benjamin M Ramsey in 1919 as follows:

"Teach me Thy way O Lord! Teach me thy way, Thy gracious aid afford, teach me thy way, help me to walk aright, MORE BY FAITH, less by sight, lead me with heavenly light, teach me thy way.

When doubts and fear arise, teach me thy way, when storms overspread the skies, teach me thy way.
Shine through the clouds and rain, through sorrow, toil, and pain, make thou my pathway plain, teach me thy way.

When I am sad at heart, teach me thy way, when earthy joys depart, teach me thy way,
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress, in failure or success, teach me thy way...

Long as my life shall last, teach me thy way, where ever my lot be cast, teach me thy way..
until the race is run, until the journey is done, until the crown is won... TEACH ME THY WAY..."

Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!
Kalpana
Copyright © KC's Writings 2010

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful devotional. Thank you fro sharing this with me. I look forward to reading more of your writing. This verse reminds me of one of my favorite verses from Psalm 25..."Lead me in thy truth and teach me." and another verse from that Psalm, "Look continually to the Lord and He will keep your foor from the net."
    Humble yourselves...This makes me think of the Amish song, "Tis a gift to be humble, tis a gift to be free, tis a gift to come down where we ought to be, and when we find are selves in the place just right, we'll be in the valley of love and delight."

    Bless you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Followers