Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love - from a perspective

This writing is from the year 2006
Wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day... a day that the world celebrates as what it knows as love..

I read that "In the game of tennis, 'love' means nothing, in a relationship, love means everything."(Harold Sala)

I am amazed as I read the 1st Corinthians chapter 13, "the love chapter", saying, so profoundly that if you have all knowledge and are all in all, and are full of power, and all that you can think of, and if we give up our bodies to be burnt up for what we stand up for, and even if we are so kind even to give all our goods to the poor, but IF we have no love... WE ARE NOTHING... 

ouch!!!! that is so powerful.

and in the end, it says, now abide these three, faith, hope, and love but the greatest of these is love...

I am also learning that love is a CHOICE rather than a feeling...we choose to love. 

I am glad that there is one day we can celebrate (though it should be an everyday event) but just one day set aside to acknowledge and express Love.

so, we need to "LOVE THE LORD OUR GOD WITH ALL OUR HEARTS, WITH ALL OUR SOULS, WITH ALL OUR MIGHT AND WITH ALL OUR STRENGTH AND LOVE OUR NEIGHBORS AS OUR SELVES!"

"Beloved, let us love one another, for the love is of GOD and every one that loveth is born of God and knoweth God, he that loveth NOT, knoweth not God for God is love"...1st John four seven and eight...

Kalpana Christian Sharma (Mrs.)
Copyright © KC's Writings 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers