Time Spent With a Kid, Waiting at the Doctor's, Today's Visit;
We all know waiting time in Doctors' clinics/health centers can be boring at times. I usually carry a book to read. Today just as I read 2 pages of book "The Serpent of Paradise" by Dr. Lutzer, I noticed a little sweet girl no more than 2 or so years old playing around in the clinic and seeking someone to play with as there were no other kids.
Some One inside me prompted me, "Play with her." I saw few patients were waiting and the mom of the girl was perhaps tired of running around so I said, "Lets play." I stepped into the kid's play area just there in one corner and saw some picture books for kids. She followed me. The mother was able to see us from where she was sitting and she was happy looking at us playing. I was showing the little one pictures of Elmo, Big bird, and many other pictures of animals and things. She loved each picture especially when I put excitement in introducing each picture. The "Cookies!" "Big Bird!" "Elmo!" "Flower!" "Pitat" = (meaning "baby cat", a word that kids use)! She joined me in the excitement and repeated every word!!! When I showed her the picture of shoes, she said, "Look!" and showed me her own wee little shoes. Ah, the pleasure of playing with kids!
Then all of a sudden the words posted in our own bathroom back home echoed in my mind: "Lord Jesus, we know today you will cross our paths somehow someway, please help us to be vigilant, and to treat you well."
I do not know but seeing the girl and I having loads of fun, other patients, staff, and mom seemed happier. I told the mom that "We have home-schooled our kids and my husband owned a day care in Africa, we love kids." She was happy.
After sometime her turn came to go in, and the baby and mom happily went in. We all had a good happy feeling. Isn't it great to see kids having no barriers of ethnicity or age. They reach out to anyone willing to be friends within the safe environment. Lets not just make this world a safe place for our kids and, the future generation, let them see the "Jesus with skin on", He loved/s kids! It is said, "It takes a village to raise a kid." Lets choose to be a small/big part of that village. I am a game for it, are you? Do it just for fun! yes, do it for Jesus! Serving Him with joy, that joy gets reflected in others, and that in itself is a great reward!
Kalpana Christian Sharma (Mrs.)
© all Copyrights reserved.
No comments:
Post a Comment